A computer virus can be any program such as Worm Virus, or Malware, Trojan horse, Spyware which contaminate your computer system by disturbing its performance. These viruses can result in many harmful changes in your computer which leads to slow system performance and even to system crash.
Listed below are some of the signs of computer virus infection:
- The performance of the computer has slowed down drastically.
- The system crashes all of a sudden or reboots over and over again.
- The application software crashes and display random messages on the monitor.
All these signs may indicate that the computer has been infected with virus. It is highly recommended to install a reputed anti-virus in order to protect your system from risky virus attacks even if your computer is not infected from a virus or malware.
If any of these problems persist you can also take help of the norton technical support as they hire technicians who have years of experience in this field and can help with various virus removal techniques.
To save your computer, you can perform the following things:
- Install security program for safeguarding your computer but do not install excess of one security tool at the same time.
- Be very cautious when you want to open any unidentified emails.
- Ensure that the backup job is performed on timely basis in case your machine crashes.
- Scan your C: drive daily as this is place where the virus infections exist. As this is a comparatively smaller drive, this procedure will be done rapidly.
- Use first-class anti-virus software for inhibition and recognition.
- Use at least 2 hard drives for your data.
- If there are share files set with full access by users in the local area network, viruses may very easily enter. This also brings the frequent access of the infected computer to the share files, and results in network congestion.
Lastly, the ideal way to avoid viruses from taking grip is to repeatedly update windows, java and flash. These features of a computer are usually used as a vector to virus infection. By keeping your computer up to date, you can prevent most common infections.
However, if your computer is already infected with virus immediately disconnect the internet connection by unplugging the internet cable and then press Ctrl+Alt+Del all at once to launch Task Manager. Check whether there is apprehensive process running in it. If any such file is running select it and click on end task. Now after this the system should be rebooted and F8 should be pressed to go to the Safe Mode. Now, the security program should be opened and the entire system should be scanned. Then all the detected files or processes should be deleted immediately.
In case when performing this procedure if you are stuck in between, you can contact norton technical support as they can help you in troubleshooting the problem.
These are the few effective computer virus removal techniques which every computer user must know.